Since Sprinkles has moved into my work neighborhood, they’ve quickly become my favorite cupcake shop. But, last week when I had a few events to go to, I wanted to make my own instead of just picking up dozens. I had the Sprinkles mixes for vanilla and red velvet, and they each just called for a couple extra ingredients. I also made the icings from scratch – my first time ever! The vanilla had a vanilla buttercream icing, and the red velvet had cream cheese buttercream. The vanilla was delicious, and I even had co-workers track me down to ask if they were getting any of the cupcakes (Sorry – next time!). The red velvet was a little disappointing, but I will definitely be making more of the vanilla.
- thanks!! RT @PBFingers New Post: Brainstorming Blogging Topics: http://ow.ly/5clfD 4 years ago
- mmm basic, but i just figured out how to make a really good iced coffee @ home/office. this is going to save me lots of $$$ this summer! 4 years ago
- thinking cookies sound good tonight! 4 years ago
- haha! awesome! RT @PBFingers in @Mama_Pea fashion, i like to visit the hater's blog and leave a nice comment. 4 years ago
- had the BEST pulled pork sandwich today @Famous_Daves - i make a horrible vegetarian!! 4 years ago